I first wrote my bucket list when I was 24. It’s one of those awkward ages where you’re still trying to kid yourself tequila shots are a GREAT idea on a Thursday night while also trying to figure out a Five Year Plan. And yes, I’ve always planned out my life like Stalin, don’t hate.
I was hungover on my sofa and I remember writing my first two life goals: to go to the Maldives, and to cook a Cornish pasty. I couldn’t think too much beyond those tasks in my compromised state, so I’ve been slowly adding to this scrap of paper.
My bucket list
So partially out of fear of losing that scrap of paper, and partially because publicising it will give me a much-needed kick up the arse, here’s my (ever-growing) bucket list:
- Go to the Maldives.
Make a Cornish pasty.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Go husky sledding.
- Go whale-watching.
- Go jet-packing.
Go scuba diving. Done! Read about it (and see the beautiful underwater photography) here. I was even lucky enough to see a turtle!
- Ride in a hot air balloon.
Own a cat, aw.
- Do a wine-tasting afternoon at Camel Valley.
Actually learn a little something about wine-tasting.
- Same with sake.
- Go on a Bavarian road trip.
Go on an American road trip.
Go to Big Sur.
Take a course in Anthropology.
- Climb Brown Willy (IT’S A HIKE IN CORNWALL, you dirty-minded folk).
- Swim with dolphins (sometimes I’m a bit basic, just allow it).
- Be an extra in a film.
- Work with an architect to design and build my own house.
- See the cherry blossoms in April.
Fly business class.
Go to the Outer Hebrides. Done! My photo diary is here. It’s so serene there; I’d go back in a heartbeat.
- Experience the Seven Wonders of the World.
Go back to Seoul and don’t be miserable about the first, failed attempt. Done! Read why Seoul is my favourite city on earth here. What an amazing place.
- Eat kobe beef in Japan.
- See a sumo wrestling match.